Quality control is critical to our success and at Guardian Automotive all windscreens are carefully checked for quality. Camera references are scrutinized even more diligently by a robot to ensure that the shape of the windscreens is correct for calibration. If all the steps of the calibration system are followed, we guarantee a successful calibration.
If, despite all this, you still experience a calibration failure, here are some additional steps that you can take:
1. Check the lighting conditions and ensure that there is no extra load in the car before recalibrating.
2. If the failure has not been resolved, lower the board by 1 cm and/or place it closer to the car by 2,5 cm (better still: do both). These movements should always relate to the standard measurement that the Calibration system displays. Recalibrate.
3. If the failure has not been resolved, raise the board by 1 cm and/or place it further from the car by 2,5 cm (better still: do both). These movements should always relate to the standard measurement that the Calibration system displays. Recalibrate.
4. If the failure still has not been resolved, verify that the fixation of the camera is correct (unfitting and fitting again if necessary) and recalibrate.
5. If the problem still persists, please notify your Guardian Automotive representative and our ADAS specialist will contact you within 48 hours.
Now is a good time to order your camera windscreen and see for yourself how good they really are. Moreover, as a seasonal gesture, for every customer who buys a camera windscreen before 31 December close of business, we are making a 5 euro donation to the Médecins sans Frontières Christmas Appeal.
Médecins sans Frontières is a well-established and independent international medical relief organization. MSF springs into action whenever large-scale epidemics occur or when areas in crisis are too dangerous for other organizations.